Thursday, September 29, 2011

TRIATHAMOM







I thought this sounded so fun to do my first Tri. What made this one so fun was it was all ladies. And non competitive. I loved having woman run past me saying good job. Keep it up!!! I got to do this with a few of my friends from Crossfit and lucky to have a neighbor friend there too!!! I was so scared. The night before I had to get my packet, when I got back a friend of mine put up a banner that said good luck Whit!!! A bunch of my friends and neighbors signed it with flowers!!! Seriously my Crossfit friends will tell ya It pushed me so much harder!!! I really didnt train for it. But my only goal was to FINISH!!!!! We started at 8 am we all lined up for the swim!!! The whole time while I was swimming I HEARD a friend screaming for me!!! ( I have the BEST friends ever!!) She captured so many great pictures!!! My swim I did 7:44 . I ran out to get my bike and change my shirt!!! and I was off!!! The bike was so fun and surprisingly not so tough!!!! Unfortunately it broke on mile four and I had to stop!!! After sitting there for another twenty minutes I finally got to go out on my run!!! I did my 5K in 34 minutes which I was stoked about!!! Never been so fast!!! At the finish line there was a hill and I decided I would walk up it and then sprint in to finish as I looked up at the top I saw my dad and his sweet wife so I pushed it a little harder and ran up!!! They cheered me on!! I was stopped again by more friends with a darling ribbon which HAdlie and Holden both signed!!! I have to say one of my fave days ever!!! I love the HUGE support system I have!!!! I love you all and could never thank you enough!!!!!

3 comments:

Me in a nut shell said...

You inspire me...!!! You are a ROCK STAR - I have always been scared of something like this! Seeing you actually made me think about it ;)

Rachael said...

Congrats...

Sandy said...

Wow...Whit, I am so proud of you...what courage and dedication!!! Way to go and your time is fantastic...keep it up and know that I love you!!!